Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Ribbon Ribbon who's got the Ribbon?

Okay here's a peek at the upcoming ribbon organizer inspired by the clip it up system...I love it. But I think it's a rip off! So I incorporated some ideas I found online and some ideas found here in this ad...
And VIOLA! My ribbon storage re-vamped! I had purchased these pantry door racks at a hardware store last week and had already put all my spooled ribbon in them. Not a new idea by any means. I incorporated the "clip it up" idea by taking all my ribbon off of their floss cards and hanging them from the underside of the racks. I love it! I did use scraps of cardstock to wrap under the edge of the clips to prevent ribbon damage. I ran out of clips though, I haven't been able to hang my purple ribbons and a few of my pinks and greens. But I'm almost done, and it feels and looks good to me!
Oh and I stuck my mounted stamps in one of the racks because it was empty and I didn't know where to put them...lol. They'll need a new home as I purchase more ribbon spools, which I'm sure I'm bound to do.




15 comments:

Vanessa C. said...

Love it! I'm rebuilding my scrap room over the next few weeks and I needed a good idea for all my ribbon! Also... thanks for the great music while visiting your site!!!

Angel said...

WOW.... what an awesome idea!!!

Rmcilvenna said...

Super cool idea. Thanks for sharing! It always nice to have some $$ saving ideas.

Pamela said...

Wow...VERY cool!!! :)

Renee Clark said...

Kelli - your ribbon storage rack is AWESOME! Thanks for sharing that idea! Where do you find the clips?

luvzenkm2 (Leea) said...

Love your ribbon idea(of course just started the clothespin one) ;) I so love your blog!

Christina Carnoy said...

aren't you super clever?!?!?!?!?!?!

Renee Clark said...

Thank you Kelli for letting me know where to get the clips!!! I appreciate it!

Anonymous said...

I also would like to know where to get the clips.
Sue4stampin@verizon.net

PattiM said...

I like your ribbon clip it up better.......And the ole pocket book will too.....You know, DH....LOL

Patti

joscelyne cutchens said...

super awesome!

Anonymous said...

Great idea, thanks for sharing! I too am interested in where you found the clips. I've been to 4 hardware stores and still can't find them. Thanks!
JoanneWetterskog@aol.com

Anonymous said...

I would really appreciate knowing where to get the clips for this ribbon organizer.

Ginger

Kelli said...

To those who have asked, I originally purchased all of my badge clips at Michaels craft store, but they discontinued them this past spring. I have since been purchasing them from JoAnns Fabric and Craft store, they are in the beading/jewelry making section. I cant remember the brand name off the top of my head, but they are near the belt buckles, barettes and odds and ends jewelry findings. Hope that helps!!

The Duckworth Family said...

I thought I had already asked, but didn't see my comment, but I was wondering what store your purchased the baskets at. I have looked at Wal-mart and Home Depot and haven't really found anything that would work well. Thanks!