
Now, see those little "wings" on the side? Snip the score line between the small wing and the larger wing, see picture below, I've folded the small wings up a bit so you can see what I mean.
To help you see your lines partially fold on all the score lines. Next trim a piece of coordinated cardstock to 1"x6" and adhere to the outside of the top edge of the box. I let it overlap by about .25". See below.

You will need approximately 12" of ribbon for this next step. I wrapped the ribbon around at the seam where the strip of green cardstock met the blue, and joined the ribbon on the outside of the flap. (It'll get covered eventually dont worry.)

Now for my next trick...lol. I like double matting but you dont need to do that if you dont want to. I cut three rectangles sized 2.5 x 3.5", 2.25 x 3.25" and 2 x 3". On the smallest rectangle I stamped a decorative image. Glue them all together and adhere to the outside of the flap covering the ribbon. See below.

Personal preference here, I like to fold everything all up into a box before actually gluing, but if you're brave you can apply the glue before dry fitting it all. I start with the small wing and glue the OUTSIDE of them to the inside of the larger wings. See picture below.

Next, put glue on the .25" flap on the edge of the larger wing and fold it to the inside of the box. I tried to get a decent picture of that lower corner so you can see it, but again, this is where dry fitting is your friend!

Now that you're this far you can either quit or come up with a fun "closure" for the box. On this one I chose to use a photo turn, I punched a small hole in the lower section of the box so that the turn would slightly overlap the edge of the flap.

You will need approximately 12" of ribbon for this next step. I wrapped the ribbon around at the seam where the strip of green cardstock met the blue, and joined the ribbon on the outside of the flap. (It'll get covered eventually dont worry.)

Now for my next trick...lol. I like double matting but you dont need to do that if you dont want to. I cut three rectangles sized 2.5 x 3.5", 2.25 x 3.25" and 2 x 3". On the smallest rectangle I stamped a decorative image. Glue them all together and adhere to the outside of the flap covering the ribbon. See below.

Personal preference here, I like to fold everything all up into a box before actually gluing, but if you're brave you can apply the glue before dry fitting it all. I start with the small wing and glue the OUTSIDE of them to the inside of the larger wings. See picture below.

Next, put glue on the .25" flap on the edge of the larger wing and fold it to the inside of the box. I tried to get a decent picture of that lower corner so you can see it, but again, this is where dry fitting is your friend!

Now that you're this far you can either quit or come up with a fun "closure" for the box. On this one I chose to use a photo turn, I punched a small hole in the lower section of the box so that the turn would slightly overlap the edge of the flap.










13 comments:
That's cool! Great gift idea.
I agree with Chrispea...........I love the flowers.. Very pretty........
Pattie's passion
Kelli, you never ever cease to amaze me! So much talent in one person...I just adore everything you make! Thanks for sharing this, I think I will give it a try for my MIL. :)
Hi it's my first time here! Thanks so much for the tutorial..Love your blog great stuff! found you from stampinwhenican.blogspot.com
Thanks for a fabulous tutorial!!! I see you've already found my penguin box!
Hi, I found your blog about a month ago and I can't stop making these things you make. I made this card box today but I don't know how to post a pic. I love it, thank you so much.
You are one talented gal!!
Thanks for sharing. I will be making one of these soon!!
This is awesome, I got your blog from the "Kellianne posted some new cards" on the CKMB. Wish I had known about it earlier, so much eye candy to gaze at.
Kelli - So glad I happened upon your pattern as it came in handy for a birthday present. Thanks for the great pattern!!! Here's a link to my box on SCS. http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/gallery/photo/993053?cat=500&ppuser=130624
Thanks for posting your tutorial, I have to try one for myself! Yours turned out just beautiful.
grazie mille for this fabulous tutorial and idea kelli! it's truly lovely! you can see my attempt at your lovely project on my blog
bellas-petit-gateau.blogspot.com
thanks so much!
abrazos,
mirabella
I made a cardbox, Christmasy. I'm going to make five or six cards, and donate it for a Chinese auction for Children and Youth. Thanks for the tutorial.
[IMG]http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd146/suzeyq2/112508005.jpg[/IMG]
Kelli,
GRACIAS! Love the tutorial. I made this box using Barely Banana and Bashful Blue. Love the photo turn for the closure...i have to order some of those...right now I just used velcro...
Post a Comment