Saturday, November 10, 2007

Why oh Why couldn't I just buy White!!

So I purchased one of those baby toilet seats that just sits on the adult potty, and in a total wave of stupidity I purchased a Dora seat. Now each time I ask my toddler if she will try her potty chair she says no. I ask her if she will try the grown up toilet with the Dora seat, she says no. Everytime I enter the bathroom she throws a tantrum because she wants that blasted seat. Not to potty on of course, she wants to carry it around and play with it. She calls it her Dora potty, so she sorta knows what it is. I keep telling her she can sit on it if she is on the potty but she still throws her tantrum. I reeeeaaaally dislike the pre-training phase that we are limboing in right now. Madison has recently started "warning" me when she has to go, but when I take her to the bathroom she refuses to sit down on her potty and screams for her diaper, but when her diaper is soiled she peels it off and demands a new one...so all signs point to ready...it's just time for a new plan. Anyone out there tried the cute little video approach? Perhaps if she saw the tv telling her what to do it would work better than mommy telling her. I am so unprepared for this adventure! There are only so many online sites that one can read to prepare, they all have their fun little tricks and games and honestly, I'd prefer the website come to my home and get my daughter to use the potty, because I am not good at this yet.

3 comments:

Samantha said...

I'm sorry I can't help you on this one, Kelli. All of my *children* are potty trained ;) Good luck!!

All moments remembered said...

Okay mom of four here!! Two boys and two girls! I promise you when they are ready it happens. When you try to soon it wont happen! Well maybe it will but only with you going nuts first. What I did with the last 3 (yes the first one learned when I wanted her to and I have grey hair to prove it)was I would try them at it. If after a couple days they had no interest in the potty stuff I stopped. I would wait 4 or 5 days then try it again. I swear one day you will try it and TAAADAAAA they do it. Get her all the sweet Dora panties and see if that intices her. Other wise just take it slow and when she is ready she will want to do it. Now of course if she is 16 and still not ready the only good thing I can say about that is NOOOOO one will want to date her. LOL!! Seriously just take it slow. I will be finally mailing off your prize for ya Tuesday. Sorry it has taken me over a week. Did you check out my custom name book I posted tonight?
Have fun with your little one,
Stacey

Anonymous said...

Oh I am so afraid!! I have an almost 2 year old that thinks she is the boss of everything and everybody! My other 2 were okay to train, but this one, i don't even want to start. Hey about your minibook phobia, I have that too, i just dove in and tried a couple. Good luck with the training, gulp!