Monday, March 24, 2008

Start to Finish: Rubber Tapestry Floral Stamping

Okay, lets start from the beginning...I was poking around online (when am I not?...lol) and was directed to these Rubber Tapestry Stamps that really caught my eye...so I thought "I must have these!" and now I do!! You too can have them, if you go to http://www.allmomentsremembered.com/ and head to the store for some shopping fun! Now on to the good stuff...see this card here? THIS is all brought to you by the magic of these awesome peg stamps! These stamps are seriously FOOL PROOF! This card was literally the first thing I ever made with these stamps, this is fresh out of the packaging!


First things first, lets gather the supplies:

-white cardstock for stamping on
-Rubber Tapestry peg stamps (any set of your choosing)
-wonderful yummy ink colors (For this I am using VersaColor Pigment ink cubes in Peony, Paprika, Evergreen, Bamboo and Split Pea)
-glitter glue, additional sentiment stamps, little bug stickers or a stamp if you choose to add a little extra


For this demonstration I chose not to follow the example as provided on the guide that came with the stamps, that one is pretty self explanatory if you purchase the sets. I decided to instead stamp a floral edge. So first step, I stamped the "mini sprig" in Bamboo VersaColor leaving a few spaces here and there. (Sorry my pictures aren't as sharp as they usually are, I didn't realise until I was adding the watermark that I forgot to double check the photos before moving on. I'll have another Rubber Tapestry demonstration this week with much better photos! I promise!)

Step two in this, I stamped in between the mini sprigs using the "mini flower cluster" and Peony VersaColor. Here's a tip, you can hold the peg stamps just like a pencil and then you wont get your fingers in the ink!



The third stamp in the lineup is the "Tiny Leaf" stamp. I stamped it angling out of the flower clusters (stamping once or twice per cluster) using the Split Pea VersaColor.


And the fourth and final stamp in this particular set is the "Itsy Berries" which I stamped all around, focusing them more toward the centers of the tiny leaf stamps and toward the edges of the mini sprigs. I stamped the itsy berries first in Evergreen and again in Paprika VersaColor inks.


Now comes the fun part...you can add tons of wow by using Stickles glitter glue around the edges of the mini flowers, it gives them a nice shine and sparkle! For my finished card I used stickles Cotton Candy color. (click that link and scroll down the page a tiny bit and you will find a lovely assortment of Stickles.) I also dotted the flower centers with acrylic paint in a golden yellow. Oh and I added a cute little bee stamp to the cluster near the sentiment. You really can personalize these flower sets by adding your own little extras.

My chosen sentiment for the final card is by Inkadinkado (click for direct link to where you can purchase it) and the little bee is also Inkadinkado from a value pack I purchased ages ago, I dont remember where I found it though.

If you made it this far, thank you! You can see a few more of the sets here at the AMR Blog, and make sure to leave a comment so Stacey knows you stopped by!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

i love versatile these tiny stamps are!!!

angie worthington said...

awesome!!!
;) angie

Samantha said...

Wonderful tutorial!! I've never worked with these stamps before, but it looks like I may need to give them a try :)

Anonymous said...

Hi Kelli
Love your card.. I think these stamps are amazing, too...

Bren (grammy-b)

Anonymous said...

You're cards get prettier and prettier...Thanks for all the help w/my card questions...