So I had one of those sudden ideas that I could not let go of...the idea being the ball of yarn. I have recently become a big fan of adding real elements to my paper images, like the balloon strings and ropes on the hot air balloons.To make my ball of yarn, I used a regular office supply hole puncher on a piece of scrap cardstock. I tied a loose knot in two strands of embroidery floss and glued it to the hole punch. Then I just started wrapping it around the punch to resemble yarn, when I was getting close to the size I wanted, I put another drop of glue on the back and wrapped the threads a few more times around to fasten it. After waiting for it to dry, I glued it to the chair, leaving a LONG tail. I adhered my cat with a large pop dot so that I could easily get that thread wrapped and tangled all around my kitty. I put a drop of glue just to the edge of the kitties head, on the chair, and glued down one of my loops. I also used a dot of glue on the lower front of the chair where the strands dangle to hold them in place there also. After letting it thoroughly dry (which didnt take long, I used the Tombow mono multi glue in the green and white bottle) the strands of thread were pretty sturdy and stayed put nicely.
Oh and to accent that awesome chair design, I used some super mini brads from Recollections in a brushed coppery color. They are substantially smaller than regular mini brads, which I used in the upper corners of the cards. Arent they so cute?! LOL. I am such a nerd about mini brads, I have them in nearly every color, and am planning on going to buy some more this weekend. (I keep running out of my metallic colors, antique metals are my favorite colors to use on cards since they match everything!)
And since I am sure someone is curious, the awesome ornate frame on the *wall* is cut from the Cricut Home Accents cartridge, I love that one! I have probably used Home Accents more than any cartridge I own, which isnt saying much since I only own like 5...lol. I have a wish list a mile long for cartridges though. One day....lol.
supplies:
Papers - Bazzill Cardstock, Patterned papers by K&Co and October Afternoon (Weathervane collection)
Stamps - Whimsie Doodles digital stamps, Studio G (sentiment)
Hardware - Mini Brads (lasting impressions), super mini brads (recollections), Ribbon (from a CK kit)
Coloring medium - Prismacolor and Odorless paint thinner








2 comments:
This is just ADORABLE!!
Oh Gosh!!! How adorable!!! Love the real "yarn"
Post a Comment