Friday, August 21, 2009

August Sketch Challenge!!

Hi there! It is time for another sketch challenge from Whimsie Doodles. Are you ready for it?

Here it is: Okay, I dont know why, but I struggled with this sketch. That scallopped edge really threw me for a loop! But I am not one to pass up a challenge just because its giving me a little grief. So I threw on my big girl panties and got to work. I wound up flipping the orientation of the card so that its a landscape instead, but I kept the layout pretty much the same. Pretty much...LOL.

On this card I decided to use the UBER cute new Sunny Day digital stamp set by Whimsie Doodles. I love these images with strings because it gives me a chance to add more dimension and texture by replacing the string part of the image with embroidery floss. I love the way it turns out.

Make sure you jump on over to the Whimsie Doodles Blog for the official rules for the challenge and to see more cards made from this sketch! Also, click on those links in the sidebar to see what the rest of the Doodlelicious Designers have come up with for this sketch!

4 comments:

Jingle said...

HA! It's a cupcake and a hot air balloon!!! That makes me so happy! This is adorable!

Rachel Hope said...

Adorable!!! Just ran and bought this set!!!

Nicole said...

Hard to believe you had a problem with this sketch at all! You made it fantastic!

Deep Cleaning Malden said...

Thankss great blog