
Well, I must admit, I am an extremely seasonal purchaser....meaning I buy mostly winter stuff during the winter, pink stuff around valentines...etc. So I've "overhauled" my scrap storage a bit to reflect how I shop. I have a large cropper hopper paper file (the kind that hold 300 sheets of paper vertically) that I have individual files inside that are sorted by color. Yes I keep my patterns and cardstock in the same files, this is only because I need to buy more of the sticker sorters...lol. I have that for my less frequently used/wrong season stuff...then by my feet I have two plastic bins that house my current scraps. One for cardstock and one for patterned paper. This system I've had for a few months now...and it works beautifully for me! Because I tend to stick to the color pallete of the season I just wait until my color choices shift before filing the scraps in their "long term storage". I tend to use more scraps this way, and yes I save small scraps for card making. But anyway, here's a few pictures of my system:


When It comes to scraps, I need to be able to thumb through them, laying them flat in a drawer didn't work for me, I ended up smunching the corners just trying to lift them out, so having them poke out of these cute bins is my madness of choice. (I have thick cardboard behind the papers so they dont bend and get squished in the bins...I just pulled the backing off the stacks that I bought and stuck them in there at an angle.) The bins are from Lowes, I found them on clearance for about two bucks each, and they matched so well with my scrap area! I'll post pictures of my scrap space tomorrow. I didn't want to clog up the blog with fifteen posts in one day...lol.








3 comments:
Super Cute Area!! Doesn't it just make you wanna live in that room? It's really nice!! Love the rug! :)
I saw those bins at Lowes as well on clearance! I thought about picking them up and didn't. Now I wish I had!
WOW.. you are so organized. I just love it!! I have to share my "Card making/stamping room with my sewing and drawing things" But wow. It is even all matching colors.. looks like a fun place to be!! Have a great weekend!
Jessica Lynn
Post a Comment