Thursday, January 10, 2008

As Promised...My Nerd Zone!



....Okay so this picture is SORELY outdated...lol. This photo was taken the day after i finished putting everything back away after setting it all up. I bought the cabinets at a local salvage yard that gives profits to habitat for humanity. The counter tops are from Home depot, the four door cabinet under my clip it up is from my laundry room, it's a cheap particle board thing that was hanging on the wall when we moved in. So I painted it and covered the doors with cute paper...lol. The peg board i also stole from the laundry room. Oh and the hardware drawers (up on the ledge by the shelves...) that now has a friend and is painted and in a new location...lol. So now that I've got it all explained...I am going to tidy up my space and take updated pictures as I can see right away that it's changed a lot from the picture. But it was fun to see how it started out right?


So yeah, a few changes that the more observant blog readers may notice...the clip it up and been decapitated and is now two clip it ups...It was too monstrous to be two tiered. The Peg board is now mostly covered, but I really dont use it much anyway I am just too lazy to take it down. And the the hardware storage is not really in it's final resting place, I just dont know where to put it, I may decide to hang them above my paper stash, I dont know. I hate the look of the open shelves on the wall, but I haven't invested in cabinets yet. I may need to revisit the salvage yard in the spring. (It was actually pretty fun to walk through, it's all indoors at the one I go to, and they had tons and tons of neat old cabinets that just needed some tlc. I paid about $90 for my four cabinets that hold up the counter. They still look a little makeshift, but that's okay. I didn't want to permanently install them to the walls because my husband and I have not decided how long we want to stay in this house and if it's only a couple more years here I'd like to take my set up with me...but we'll see. Oh and if you pull up the bottom picture you can see in the window sill that I use a glass pitcher to hold my seasonal wood mounted stamps. Thats my entire rubber stamp collection in there...lol. I may need more storage if I stick with stamping. And the cd cases along the ledge hold all my acrylics! I love the system so far, but what am I going to do when I have 8 cd cases full of flowers?! I already have 4! (OH and my tip, on the spine of my cd cases, along with labeling what's inside, I drew little icons so I dont have to read...lol. So I have little flowers, hearts, candles, swirls, birds, leaves, stars...etc. Makes it easier to look and grab.)

5 comments:

Samantha said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Samantha said...

What a fun room! I dream and long for the day I move into a bigger home. This one just doesn't cut it for us!

I also love how organized you are. A girl after my own heart ;)

Elizabeth said...

I love your space!!! It's so clean and pretty! I'm sooo jealous!

Kelli said...

I love the "clean" comments...lol. I had to clean for a half hour to make it look like that...

Becky Elfert said...

I'm drooling on my keyboard! Can I come over and play? lol