So my little baby used her potty for the first time! She an old pro at sitting down and pretending to go, but with clothes on, she would wipe her pants and everything...lol. But yesterday she actually did it right and dribbled a little, I was so shocked and excited, we cheered, and called daddy and told him all about it...I'm so excited to actually be nearing the end of her diaper days! But it's still going to be a while longer I fear. She always says no when I ask her if she wants to try her big girl potty, with the exception of yesterday when in a rare good mood she said yes.
But at the same time I'm nervous about this whole toilet training thing, I mean, this means we're going to be living in the bathrooms...lol. We're so used to diapering and heading out for a few hours of errands and not worrying about potty stops, now we have to train ourselves to be more aware of how much she's had to drink and ask her often if she needs to go...and not to mention when we are fully toilet training we're going to have to take her doorknob cover off...ack! We "lock her in" at night so that she's not in our room at 5am.
I keep telling my husband that we need to get in the habit now of making sure ONE of us is awake and upstairs by 7am to help her get to the potty in the mornings. (By the way, we both stay awake til about 2am, so this will be an adjustment for us, for the last year we've been able to stay in bed til 7:30 - 8:00ish depending on how noisy the girls rooms are getting...lol. We sleep until we hear Madison playing then get up and get them from their rooms. So far it's worked well, and it's so nice to not have baby monitors screeching at us all night!)
Saturday, December 22, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








1 comment:
Congrats to your little one!! Who knew going pee in the potty would cause such jubilation :)
Post a Comment