So, yesterday, in honor of the anniversary I decided it would be an appropriate time to purchase some new ahem...bedroom attire. And I decided to let Kevin pick it out, I know I know, what was I thinking...lol. Well, we wandered into what looked like a tasteful shop that just opened in town...and I was super horrified to see about a dozen cars in the parking lot. As mortifying as it is to walk into a racy store like that, there were tons of people there...grrrr. And Kevin thought it would help me get my nerves out if he said "most the ladies in here will be strippers." Like that helps, telling me I'm about to pick out bedroom attire while being surrounded by size 0 women who would look perfect in anything while I dig through the sales racks trying to find anything larger than a size medium.
So I refused to venture past the lingerie section, I'm not that brave ladies. I'm sure my face was seven shades of red as soon as I saw the first set of tassels for sale. But I sucked it up because it's only ten minutes of my life, right?
Well, I will try to say this as delicately as possible...lol. I let Kevin wander into the lotions and potions area alone...here's where things went awry. I was at the register getting the cute ruffly little number rung up and he wanders over and plunks down a little bottle of "goo", I kinda snickered to myself, I mean seriously, couldn't we buy that at Walmart? So anyway, my ruffles were only $24.95, not bad for lingerie pricing...and it didn't occur to me to open my mouth when the sales gal said the total was $70.23. So out in the car in the parking lot I pulled out the goo in question, this wonderful husband of mine had actually purchased a $40 bottle of goo! I politely informed him that he is never permitted to shop alone anymore...sheesh!
Then in honor of our great overspending at the "pink store" we went to Wolf Lodge Inn Steakhouse. It was incredible! We ordered the sweethearts dinner for two, it was a 34 oz. steak...that's a lot of beef!! And what a huge bill there too! That's the first time we've spent over $50 on a meal out. I dare not utter the actual bill that was delivered to our table...lets just say it was a weeks worth of groceries in one swipe...lol.
So there's my recap of our big date night. I'm sure you all could have done without the horror that was the first half of this post...lol. Me too! I usually shop for girlie stuff online, it's easier to hide the blushing...lol. And I wont feel bad if nobody wants to comment on this one, I wouldn't want to either...lol.
Saturday, November 17, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








1 comment:
LOL! I'm brave enough to comment :) I blush just going into Victoria's Secret to buy undies. That's sweet of you to go all out for your anniversary! If my DH picked up a $40 bottle of goo, I would have made him go back in and return it! Let him blush for a change :)
Post a Comment