Wednesday, November 14, 2007

The Blondest Thing to do...

So I got home from grocery shopping this morning to see a blinking message light on the phone...not unusual, we are the pick up and delivery service for the dental lab my dad owns...so I expected to hear so and so needs us to come get an impression...instead i hear "This is xxxxx from the women's clinic research department, could you please contact us imidiately at the following number...." Uh...not the best message to hear the day after your biopsy. So I was all weirded out waiting for the return phone call, because of course when i call them nobody answers...lol.

It turns out I dated all my paperwork for the 13th...of September!! DUH...lol. I had to drive all the way down there and fix it this afternoon because it was the informed consent form and super important, they couldn't process the tests without it. So yeah, can you just see the blonde in my hair radiating now?...

And as it turns out...by the way I'm changing the topic of this post now...I am halfway to finishing up my Hall of Fame entry. I still need to journal my passion, and then pick four random unseen layouts that rock. The passion layout is a toughie for me. It's difficult for me to pin down the abstract things of my life and lump it into a journaling entry about my passions. But it'll get done eventually.

So here's the bizarre observation I made today: Everywhere we turn we are starting to see Christmas, and hearing the music playing already too. We always hear those grouchy people complaining about "why cant it wait until after thanksgiving at least" and I've heard a few of us crafters grumbling about it too...but, and here's the observation...so many of us crafters have already started and possibly finished holiday decorations, holiday greeting cards, and purchased tons of holiday craft items. So why in the world are WE complaining?? We have got to be the biggest perpetuaters of this "problem", because we are out there giving retailers all the justification they need to set out holiday merchandise the day after halloween. There you have it, bizarre observation.

1 comment:

Samantha said...

So that was the glow I saw in the eastern sky...your hair! LOL :) Did you read my blonde moment last night on the NSBR?? Not my finest hour.

I've been hearing x-mas songs and seeing x-mas bustle all over the place for the past three weeks or so. I have to say, though, that I'm not one of the crafters grumbling about shopping or getting things done. I just take it one day at a time, and if I get some holiday projects done, then cool!! If not, there's always tomorrow, kwim?