Monday, October 12, 2009

Sneaky Peek Day!

Hey Everyone! Time for a sneaky peek at the upcoming Whimsie Doodles releases...Guess what, my card is using images from TWO of the new sets!! Its like two peeks in one...lol These digital image sets are going to be available for purchase on the 15th, so just a couple more days of waiting...

Okay, so today is a special post for you all. I wanted to share with you a piece of my creative process. For me, even when a card is finished and photographed, for some reason I just cant leave it alone. This card is a prime example. In this first photo, you see a perfectly fine card. Nothing is really WRONG with it persay. I just wasnt totally feeling it. I felt like my balance was off, and the solid green layer just felt like it was missing depth.

So I pulled it apart of course! LOL. I used versamark ink and a snowflake stamp to add a monochromatic pattern to my cardstock. Embossing with a polysparkle powder added a slight shimmer to the flakes.

Then when I was reassembling, I shifted everything over a bit so that it was more centered. I had originally thought I wanted my full scallop edge to be visible but in the end it didnt feel right. So I did end up covering a bit of the border detail, but I feel better about the final result.


Make sure to visit the Whimsie Doodles blog for more fun, and more sneaky peeks!!

And in more fun news....There is now a Whimsie Doodles Group on PaperCraftPlanet!! If you have not ventured over to that site before, give it a try. I like to describe it as the facebook of all things paper...LOL. It is set up very similar to facebook, but better because it is for us paperholics. ;)

blog separater

1 comment:

Rachel Hope said...

Awww, super cute! LOVE the colors you used!