Thursday, June 4, 2009

Well It's a day or two late....

okay, i totally got distracted and forgot to schedule this post...whoops!! So here's some photos of my template system.

I mentioned in my last post that I have recently discovered the multitude of uses for my George cartridge on my cricut. And to cut time and save wasted paper, I decided to cut out each of the shapes I use most both in regular and shadow for all the sizes. yes it's a lot of cutting, and no I'm not done yet...lol. But here's a look at where i'm at right now. I am just using old studio g wrappers to hold them on a big binder ring. pretty nifted eh??
here's a look at one of the shapes lined up so you can see how i've labeled them and the size increments. you wont get 1/4 intervals on the cricut (or at least on the small cricut), but you will get 1/2" increments with shadow (nesting) so that's good enough for me!

And lastly, one of my stamps laid out on a template to give you an idea of how i pick out sizing. It's easiest with clear stamps but you can do this for wood mounted too.


so there's my recent aha! project and i hope that someone finds it useful like i have!

2 comments:

PattiM said...

Hey Kelli,

Great idea, might have to try that. Do you mark what cart you got them from?

Hugs,

PattiM
(Pattie's passion)

I Scrap So All Moments Are Remembered!

Tammy said...

I'm so glad you got a chance to post this. I started to think about doing this afer you blogged about it. What a fantastic idea!
Thanks for the great tip.