Friday, February 27, 2009

EK Success Slim Punch Review!

So, new punch alert!! I snagged a new EK Success Slim Punch at Michaels Craft Store last week, after my coupons (both a 40% AND a 10% off) I think I only paid about $6.50 for this bad boy, not too shabby! Plus it's super cute! I had about six of these in my basket, knowing I was only going to buy one. I walked around for a bit while I decided which to keep. Lame I know, but I just couldn't pull the trigger...lol

So first impressions, I love it. It's small and cute and trendy. Here's a shot of the punch with a punched paper to see the actual cut. It was a little sticky on the first couple punches, but now it cuts like butta.




The neat thing about these punches is that they lock closed, to save space and to protect the punch. When locked, they are a smidge over an inch tall, making them easily storable in small spaces!


Here's a height comparison with my fiskars border punch, man that fiskars punch looks HUGE...lol



Top comparison of the cutting area of the fiskars vs. the EK...notice how they are almost identical in size? the difference is less than an 1/8th of an inch. I lined the punched area up on my grid mat so you can see how close they are in size. the fiskars punch just has a wider guide plate underneath. Both function the same way, you punch once and then use the guide plate to line up the image as you move across the edge of the paper. (sorry about the stray punch that fell on my fiskars in this pic, I didn't notice til i uploaded...lol)


And here's a length comparison between the two, the fiskars is about 7 1/2 inches long and the EK is only about 5 1/4ish inches long. Again, the EK punch is going to be MUCH easier to store!




Hope you enjoyed my review, I'm a happy camper over here, certainly a purchase I wont regret!


8 comments:

scrapbookobsession said...

Great review, Kelli! I'm going to link to you on my blog, k? I bought that same one you have, and also grabbed several in the store before I could decide. Oh yeah, and I'll be back to buy more with each coupon. Why are border punches so addictive??
~Erika

Veronica said...

Wow Kelli, I have a few Fiskars punches {2} and I have commented on the "bulkiness" of them. Loving this EK punch! Thanks.

Christie said...

I have bought two of them now with my coupons. I got the binding one and the swiss cheese one. I really like then and have a feeling I will be going back for more!

Harley Dee said...

I'm glad you did this review! :D

ScRaPbOoKfReNzY said...

Great review! I totally agree! I have both of them and love the how slim the ek one is. It's my new FAVE!

Elizabeth said...

Good review...I saw them yesterday but I said NO to myself. I'm glad you like them. :)

Jingle said...

Thanks for the great review! I am so going to have to look for these! I love the slim storage!

LittleSeaOtter~Kecia said...

Great review. I bought two this weekend from M's, and now I'm on a mission to buy more (coupon in hand of course!).