
I know, I know...it's been a while since I've posted a card...so to compensate, I'm posting TWO...lol. This first one, I played around with only using one stamp. I masked off the sentiment with scotch tape before inking to make the background row of flowers. I like it. I may have to try it again with another floral stamp I have.
I even played around with the ink around the edges, this time around I inked first with purple then went back over it with pink. I think it really gave the edges more depth.

Next up, a card using the mitten from the Hug a Snowman set that I designed for my little etsy shop Lilac City Designs.
The background layers are mostly inking, I used a dauber to sponge the white and purple paper. Then I stamped the doodled snowflakes in Palette Charcoal ink, and sponged over it with a Studio G light purple pigment ink. Then I decided I wanted the sentiment on that layer too so I stamped it in Palette Noir.
The mitten layer was nearly tossed...I bought a Memories black dye stamp pad to see how I liked it. While it's a nice stamp pad, it was a poor choice for what I was playing with...are you ready for this news? I snagged 12 copic sketch markers for a good price off ebay and wanted to play with them. The Memories ink started to smear slightly so dont enlarge....lol. After coloring I added the necessary glitter all over, and the dots...then decided to add ribbon...you get the picture. My cards just sorta happen, and usually I do things way out of any logical order. Sometimes I take my cards apart and put them back together a few times before they are done.
Dont forget, I will be listing more of the winter set as soon as my supplies get here and I can make more sets! Just be patient with me, I'm still trying to get a feel for anticipating the demand...lol








2 comments:
Love the cards. I have missed them. Your cards at the top from your etsy shop are gorgeous!
BTW, I bet it was so cool to see one of your images used by someone else on one of their creations. I am excited for you!
your cards look fantastic!...i love the new look for the blog, it is clean & elegant looking...easy to read too....
;) angie
Post a Comment