Saturday, May 10, 2008

Happy Mommies Day!

Well, I have one gripe about this mother honoring day...my hubby doesnt try hard enough. I am a fairly new mommy, my oldest is only 3. And in those three years of being a mommy my husband has gifted me nothing. Not that I expect much from him, I'm not his mommy after all. But I would like to be acknowledged with something, like maybe him taking over the chores for the day, or cooking me breakfast or SOMETHING.

We have far too many plans tomorrow that involve being away from our house. We have a lunch BBQ at my parents house for my mom, then dinner at my in laws house for my husband's mom....see a pattern? These events are for the other mommies. I usually get roped into part of the cooking at my parents place, and then of course my sisters always make a grand show of "mom you shouldn't clean up it's mothers day" so I get to do most of the clean up because my sisters just hang out the whole time. I would just like to be acknowledged for having birthed two children of my own.

The only mommy gifts I have recieved were from my own mother, and they weren't really for me. I know it sounds like I'm just making excuses to mope, but my mother bought me winnie the pooh socks because my daughter likes Pooh, tell me that's not a gift for my daughter. {Insert over-exaggerated eye roll here please}

So gripe over, I'm done and off to clean up the grilled cheese smear across the wall by the highchair.

3 comments:

Christina Carnoy said...

Happy mother's day-to YOU!!!

Anonymous said...

Happy Mother's Day to you, Kelli! Too bad I don't know the HTML code for flowers like on AMR but if I could, I'd leave a whole bunch of flowers.

Erica Hettwer said...

I feel your pain! My Mother's Day lasted a whole five minutes. Andrew handed me the cards from him and Mickey (I made sure to remind him to get me a card from the little dude) and then handed me a photography magazine out of a plastic grocery bag! Oh, and he bought two hanging planters for the house on that Saturday. He went with his sister instead of taking me. Argh!! I love going flower shopping! Oh, and we had fast food for dinner! :(
Lame!!!