Friday, April 4, 2008

Peace


Okay all you cuttlebuggers out there, grab your nearest embossing folder and a pigment ink pad. Open up your folder and on the de-bossed side of the folder pounce the ink pad LIGHTLY over the entire surface. I say lightly because you dont want to fill the de-bossed image with ink only the negative space. Once you have a layer of ink over the one side of the folder, carefully place your paper on top of the ink, but DONT wiggle it or shift it, once it is layed down, dont move it. Carefully close the folder and roll it through you bug....well? what do you think?! Okay, if you are still clueless or if you are not even bothering to follow along, this is how I did the background on this card, the lighter floral images are the plain un-inked cardstock color, and the negative space is the part of the folder I inked up. I love this effect!! It really makes that embossing POP!
Well, this card is actually pretty basic, just bazzill cardstock, a diecut sticker, ribbon and three flowers that I glitter glued and poked brads in the center of. The only time consuming part was inking, but that only took a couple minutes. start to finish this card took about 15 minutes, but I cheated, I had my base and background pre-cut. I am weird and cut down my scrap cardstock into four sizes (A2 card bases, 4x5.25, 3.5x5 and 3x4) because I use those sizes the most and it makes it so stinkin easy to just grab my precut sizes and find a color i want to use. Much neater than digging through mounds of scraps!

4 comments:

Kay said...

That is so cool. Make me wish even more for a cuttlebug. I like the idea of cutting down your scraps. I'm might give that a try if I ever get my space organized!

Candace said...

Very Cool Card Kelli! My future step mother has a bug and its really neat!! She has that same embossing folder and its really nice!

Christina Carnoy said...

very cute card!

noel joy said...

love that peace card. it's absoluely beautiful. love how the embossed paper adds to the serenity. tfs!