Thursday, April 10, 2008

Dimensional Paper Flower


I saw a handmade paper flower wreath the other day while hopping around online, and was so intrigued that I had to see what I could come up with myself. I used a pretty large Autumn Leaves heart stamp and stamped it four times on the solid side of a chatterbox double sided patterned paper. After cutting out the hearts I cut part of one of the inner hearts in each of the four stamped images. Using a paper quilling tool I rolled in the outer edges of all the hearts and then the outer edges of the inner hearts (if that makes any sense at all). I brought out the smallest heart in each image by using glitter. It's hard to see the individual stamped images in the final flower i know, but trust me they are there. I happened to find a lonely little dimensional Kurio sticker still in my stash and was so shocked that it matched my patterned paper, I had originally planned on using a button for the center but when I saw that sticker in my pile of discarded "stuff" I decided to go for it. I'm pretty satisfied with how this flower turned out, and I may have to try it on some cards!

2 comments:

Scrappy Girl said...

That flower is So pretty. At first glance I thought the card was a metal tin box. LOL! Very creative.

Christina Carnoy said...

gorgeous!