Some of you that I chat with on AMR 's message board already know, but my toddler has a case of the "sickies". She's been running a fever and coughing up a storm the last couple days...and I haven't been feeling so hot myself, not really sick, but extremely exhausted! I fell asleep about four times today while trying to take care of my daughter. (Luckily my husband took our youngest over to grandma's to play so we could try to keep her healthy.)
But...that's not the crazy story to tell, that's just life....Here's the crazy saturday story.
So our phone rings this morning around 10am, it was my dad. My parents live about two blocks away, but because the way the neighborhood is (i.e. full of pine trees and large acreage lots surrounding us) if you tip your head a little we can see their property from our house...well anyway, he called because he was watching a Moose walk around a few houses down from ours and his camera (my old 3.1 mp hp digital) was not capable of zooming that far to take a picture. So we were stunned, it's not everyday the Moose wander into the neighborhoods around here. I mean, we've seen them occasionally near the river but not in our neighborhood! So my hubby grabbed his keys as I shoved my camera at him demanding he go drive over and take that bad boys' picture.
I kid you not, my hubby opened the front door and said "Holy crap he's right HERE!" This big ole Moose was less than twenty feet from our front door jogging down the road! I've never seen one so close before! So my hubby followed in his car but he wasn't able to get a picture. Mr. Moose hopped a fence and wandered off into someone's property before the camera could focuse. Oh well. Fun story either way.
Oh and it's all my daughter can talk about now! Sick as she is, she still told me all evening "mommy I seed the moose today".
Hopefully I'll snag a few moments tomorrow to pull out some paper and play. Or at least clean up my crafting area a bit. It looks like a tornado blew through. (Either that or it's just proof that I am one messy crafter!)
Oh and in other awesome news...I ordered a Bind it All from AMR and I am getting REALLY excited to play with it! I have grand plans to make some really awesome things when I get it! (It's a "pre-order" item so I have to try to be patient and content making silly handmade cards until it gets ordered from the manufacturer...hehehe)
Saturday, March 1, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








2 comments:
i stole your blogging to the music, idea! Thanks!! Hope you all are well. We are still in the hospital, hopefully out soon....
that is a hilarious story! we used to live in anchorage, alaska and we saw moose all the time, it was totally cool! takes me right back...
Post a Comment