So the cards I posted yesterday...see them? The satin ribbon I used is a lovely medium "milk chocolate brown" color. When I logged onto my husband's laptop I noticed they were viewing as a weird mutant army green. Ick. Well, not totally ick, just not what I had intended. So there you have it, computer screens are not all same. Bummer.... I know that I have a few problems making sure that my rich cobalts stay blue rather than coming across as purples (see the tango card below with the three circles? that's blue not purple, and it looks blue still on my computer) I'm not a wiz at making sure my colors are "web safe" so I have no clue what colors you all are seeing unless you say "hey i love that purple" then I'm left scratching my head thinking "but it looks orange over here..." lol
If anyone knows of a link to some great information about how to make sure your colors stay the same screen to screen send it my way, obviously i'm a victim of magically transforming colors. hehe.
Wednesday, March 19, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








4 comments:
I had no idea that the colors could change like that! On my computer I see the ribbons in the "weird mutant army green" too. Interesting. I love your work and I enjoy checking out your blog.
Well now that's strange. I have that lovely card right in front of me and the ribbon is indeed a rich chocolate brown. However, all the other colors on the card seem accurate. I wonder if it's the glare from the light you're using to illuminate the card and the fact you're using a satin ribbon? Just a thought!
You could be very right Sam! It is difficult to capture the true colors in satin sometimes if the lighting is not absolutely perfect, and I just use a desk lamp to illuminate my work.
I can personally attest to the fact that this truly is a lovely shade of brown. You are one busy (and talented) gal, Kelli! Thank you for my gorgeous birthday card!
Post a Comment