
Well, this card truly was a labor of love! This is the longest I've ever taken on a card, simply because I wasn't sure what I wanted to do...lol. I was inspired by these Rubber Stamp Tapestry peg sets, aren't they incredible?! So anyway, super beautiful, but I couldn't wait any longer to make one of these wreaths! (Stacey at http://www.allmomentsremembered.com/ has ordered TONS of these peg sets and acrylic sets for her store but they haven't arrived yet...and I am so impatient...lol)
So I dug through my stamps and found three small images to use and fake my own tapestry wreath. It was easy once I was in a groove. I just lightly traced an oval onto my cardstock and began stamping my dark viney leaves along the oval. I should have spaced them out a little more but too late. I did the same with the tan leaves and the blue flowers. Then I stickled the heck out of the flowers...set it aside and decided I wasn't done. I added acrylic paint dots to the centers of the flower. Still didn't feel done so I pulled out a five year old sticker sheet by K &CO and used hydrangea buds and blooms as well as a bee and a ladybug. Then of course I stickled those too..added a bow and viola! Masterpiece, no?
I cannot wait to get my hands on some of those tapestry peg sets, the samples on the website look incredible!!








5 comments:
Hey, girlie! Just stopping by to say HELLO!! I'm loving the card. I thought for sure you used the Tapestry peg stamps! Great job, as always :)
I learn so much from coming to your blog. I have never heard of a peg stamp.
So, this card.... Is BEAUTIFUL!!!!
Have you thought of entering them to get published?? I think you have it!
Thanks for sharing you art with us!!
It's inspirtation !
Simply put, GORGEOUS! I love the wreath...Looks perfect............There's not one card I've seen that I haven't liked... And each one gets better and better.....
Patti
Absolutely GORGEOUS, Kelli!!! Is this the one you used the hair blower on? I don't see anything wrong, so maybe you've created a new technique!!
Wow, that card is gorgeous. I am intrigued now to find out what a tapestry peg stamp is.
Post a Comment