Monday, January 21, 2008

Yeah for Storage!!



My new baby arrived this morning...hehehe. My dad told me a few days ago that he would construct a stamp pad storage rack for me, and I kinda said "yeah sure" and told him the measurements, I didn't expect to get it for another 5 years....lol. But here it was this morning, fresh and stinky....hehehe. The little shelves he cut from plexiglass (now why in the world he had spare plexiglass is beyond me....but it's wicked awesome!) Now i just need something cuter than my hardware bins! I think I may just invest in those wooden drawer thingamajigs from ikea (assuming I ever drive over yonder to get there. My nearest Ikea is about 4.5 hours away.....hmmm....oh Daaaaaaddddddyyyyyy....can you make me.......lol)
Funny guy story for ya, I called my dad yesterday to tell him that if he just wanted to use cheapo wood or mdf for the rack I could paint it to match my cabinets and I heard an audible gasp and he replied "OH NO, you DO NOT want to paint this! I made it out of WALNUT!" to which i said "ohhhh well, there you go then, I didn't realize it was a highend stamp pad rack!"
So now It's filled up with my stamp pads and I love how they kinda float, and I cant wait to fill in the rest of the slots....hehehe. Speaking of, I think I'm going to put little tiny labels on the ends of the pads with a stamped circle of each ink color since they all look the same up there. May be worth while, what do you think?

3 comments:

Michelle Frae Cummings said...

that a good way to store them! I'll have to look in to this!

Candace said...

WHOA! That's pretty special! WTG for Dad!! Does he need a second daughter? LOL

Samantha said...

What a great storage solution for your stamp pads!! I think you should totally put little stamped circles at the end of your pads. Have fun!!