Tuesday, January 22, 2008

I finally got to meet the boyfriend!


So backstory first....my daughter (2 1/2yrs.) goes to church every wednesday morning with Grandma, she loves it! She plays in the nursery group with the other little kids and sings songs and learns things. Well before Christmas she started talking about a little boy named Cody. We joked that he was her boyfriend, and told Grandma she better check him out and make sure he's a good little boy and drinks his juice at snack time.
So fast forward to present time: Madison is learning to draw, a few days ago she drew her first vaguely humanoid form and said "look mama its dada!" And by george, there were two roundey things that could be eyes a big triangle for a nose, and an amoeba mouth. She was so proud of it. She carried it around and said "look what Maddie do!"
well this evening, we were sitting down after dinner and I handed her a pen and some paper and told her to draw a picture of Cody. This is what she came up with. Pretty darn good! I showed my husband the picture when he got home from work and he said "well I had no idea Cody is a potato." Doh! She's not an artist, she's a toddler!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

that is adorable!!!

Samantha said...

LOL! That was a funny story :) Your daughter sounds so cute!! Hey, there's nothing wrong with having Mr. Potato head as a boyfriend.

PattiM said...

Toooo cute... I love when the little kids draw... The hard part is when they want to know what you think it is, cause sometimes ya just don't know... Then it takes a little sleuthing......

Pattie's passion

Michelle Frae Cummings said...

love the drawing! Dyllan is 3 1/2 and I let him draw on butcher paper. His master pieces grace almost every inch of our house!

AFScrapperMom said...

LOL Mr Potatoe head

Sunday night at Awana I had to tell DD to not kiss Cody and COdy to not hugg DD, Cody is about 6 months older than DD but she is about 2 heads taller than her, he's a cutie!

Brock Family said...

That is hillarious!!! Cody's a cutey...y'all better watch out! LOL! BTW: I LOVE your cards!
Corey (ckmb saints511)