Thursday, January 17, 2008

Alterred Lunch Pail




I dont know why my camera read the lighting two different ways for these photographs, good old technology for ya....lol. Anyway, just think of it as a study in the effects of mood lighting on a red lunch pail.






I spent an hour alterring a plain old red lunch pail that came in a colorbok kit, and now it's home to a lovely all occasion set of handmade cards. I used Fancy Pants floral Chic paper, DaisyD's rubon floral flourish, faux suede fabric (a little duct tape, shhhh.) and Duck brand permanent glue stick. Yes I used a glue stick...and you know what it worked great! I did not sand the tin first, I coated the back of the paper so thick with glue that my fingers were gummy, I didn't let it set up at all first I just slapped it onto the tin and rubbed it down smooth for a few minutes until the glue dried and it's still holding strong. Aaaah the wonders of glue....lol
I decided to keep the outside rather low key as the real gift is the set of cards inside the pail. Plus, while all the extras are pretty, they get in the way and/or get damaged, so this way there are no worries.
Thanks for wandering by!

4 comments:

Jenn said...

I turned out super cute! The perfect thing for handmade cards.

Anonymous said...

this is just so pretty. love the awesome altering you did .
tfs,
chat

wendy said...

It's beautiful! Very nice job.

Michelle Frae Cummings said...

wow! I love this! found you on the fiskateer site. I'm going to add you to my blog list!

Michelle #915