
I have been all about Basic Grey the last few projects, I love the infuse line! That was first line that I ever purchased every single pattern of, and what fun it has been to use it! (I used a lot of it for christmas projects actually, it's got a lot of reds and greens without being to over the top christmasy.)
Anyway, here's the supplies used (and it's all from scraps!!)
Card base: dollar cardmaking base from colorbok (you can find these at JoAnn's)
Patterned paper: Basic Grey (Infuse, Lilykate collections)
Cardstock: Brown, Green are Bazzill, Pink is Worldwin
Stamp: Heidi Grace (Fiskars)
Ink: Colorbox fluid Chalk (Olive) and Rubber Stampede (coffee bean)
And now for a question...okay, all you stampers! Help! I have very little experience stamping, so help me out here...Obviously Bazzill texture papers are horrible if I want a crisp image, Worldwin is "okay" with most of my inks, but it still sucks up a lot of ink, what paper do you all use to stamp onto that wont "bleed" the ink?? Or maybe I'm still just pressing a wee bit too hard with my acrylics, I dont know....And versamagic, mine are drying up and I've only had them about a month and half, anyone else have this happen? (I do keep the little plastic cover over the chalk pad as well as the outer lid, so I dont know what else to do to keep my ink pads juicy!)








1 comment:
Thank you for the link with the notebooks and pens! They're very cute :)
Your card is absolutely adorable! I can't wait to start making my Valentine's Day cards. I'm so pooped out on x-mas cards, I hate to say. They were fun, but I'm ready to move on.
As for stamping, I stamp my images on regular white cardstock. I'm using my stash of cardstock from that huge Costco stack. So far, my images are turning out great, and blending with my OMS and blending stump has been successful. I use the Whispers ink pads by Inque Boutique which are permanent and waterproof. I store my pads upside down, and they stay nice and wet, but not juicy. Juicy ink pads, I've found, just make a big mess of my image. You might want to try storing your pads upside down to keep the ink at the surface. Also, when stamping with acrylics, I've found that you shouldn't press too hard or your image will blur. You should also stamp on something with a little give, like a mouse pad, to mimic the cushion you get from rubber stamps.
Hope this helps. Good luck!!
Post a Comment