Well, the mister went in for a sleep study last night...and side note: I slept like a rock all by my lonesome in our king sized bed. It's so wonderful to be able to just sleep. We're talking no brute snoring in my left ear, no random toenail slicing into my ankles, and the kicker, no one groping me at 4am! It was pure heaven....
Until the phone rang at 8am....oh well. Nice enough while it lasted.
Now for that rude phone call. Unlike my own blissful slumber, I guess sleep studies really down allow for any actual sleep. Go figure. They wired my husband up from forhead to shoulders, or whatever it is they do...and then told him "okay go to sleep." Yeah. Right. Well, this is MY husband of course and he does fall asleep despite the intrusion into his personal space. He recapped to me that they woke him up around 3am to put "the mask" on him. Then they tweaked the oxygen for a while, and to sum it all up...my husband apparently doesn't like to breathe while he sleeps.
So the docs told him in the morning that he has severe sleep apnea, they like O2 numbers in the mid-high 90's. My husbands' numbers were in the 80's and he had around 50 apnea episodes during the study. Me being the wife, feel like I know my husband pretty well, and I had told him all along "i dont think you have it, i dont hear you gasping or anything..."
Well I was wrong. Ohhh was I wrong...lol. I guess the first major apnea incident to bring this problem mainstream was an athlete who actually died from an episode while napping on his couch. The doc told my husband that the severity of his apnea is on par with how bad this athlete had it...although they couldn't really test the athlete since he had died. But that's still pretty darn bad.
Now for the title of this post...my husband has to go in tomorrow to get a machine to make him breathe at night. So tune in again and I'll tell you all about my first night with Darth Vader in bed beside me...
Wednesday, December 5, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








1 comment:
SCARY!!! My hubby raises the roof at night, and it's all I can do to not take my pillow and end the misery!! In your famous words, "I don't think he has sleep apnea..." Maybe he should go in for a sleep study!
Post a Comment