Saturday, October 20, 2007

Boo!!

Let's set the mood: Yesterday the girls and I were just chillin' in the living room, watching "Lumpy scared of the Tree" (Winnie the Pooh's Heffalump Halloween...) and Madison informed me "Mamma, there's somepin at the door." I told her No no, Maddie there is nothing at the door. Dont worry about it.

A few minutes later : "Mommy there's somepin at the door, do you see it?" No Maddie, I dont think there's anything at the door, do you want to finish your sippy now?

"No mamma, get the door!" So in my best grown up voice I again assure her there is nothing at the door, all the while I am walking down the stairs to the door to prove to her once and for all, there is nothing at the door. So insert appropriate mystery music here...I open up the front door and lo and behold a little pumpkin trick or treat bucket is staring back up at me filled with little goodies. How in the world did my child know it was there?! Conspiracy I tell you!

I guess there's a game that gets played at Halloween time where one person leaves previously mentioned goodies on someones doorstep with a silly little poem and a photo copy of a cute little ghost to tape in their front window. The recipient is then asked to pass along the favor to two more neighborhood members. It was all too silly that I couldn't pass it up. I got two little goody buckets all packed and ready to go and sent Kevin along his merry little way to work (with instructions to treat two houses on his way out.)

So this evening I get a call from my mother, who was informed of our haunting the evening it happened...anyway she said to me in the phone "I'm not your friend. The letter says to haunt a friend, well I'm not your friend." She said it in such a way that made me want to un-haunt her! Lighten up lady it's silly little neighborhood game...sheesh. She almost made it seem like I did a horrible thing depositing caramelly goodness on her doorstep. And in that case, Kevin will be over this weekend to rid her home of such atrocities!

No comments: